Has it really been that long since I posted? It seems like my Drafts folder is filled to the brim… I’ve been busy with an incredible happening taking place here – our annual winter to summer changeover. We’ll have a blizzard after blizzard and just when all hope seems lost, the next day brings lounging in lawn chairs, chilled bevvies and the aroma of grilled steaks from every neighbor’s barbecue. People emerge from their winter shells and onto the streets. Neighbors meet new neighbors that moved in 6 months ago, green leaves pop out and the zombie apocalypse is over. Why don’t we look at an easy spring recipe, like this Asparagus Salad with Rice and Quinoa?
I made this because one thing that we definitely have no shortage of right now is asparagus. Need an easy side dish?
- One bunch of asparagus, trimmed and cooked until lightly softened, but retaining firmness
- 1 cup jasmine rice, cooked
- .5 cup quinoa, cooked
- ¼ head of radicchio, thinly shredded and chopped
- olive oil, to drizzle
- feta cheese, crumbled, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the asparagus into .5 inch segments and toss with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.