For the 4 people that still read this blog, hello! How are u? August ended, what a relief. The world is going to hell in a handbasket and work sh!t finally hit the fan closer to home – I’m spent. Fine, but spent. So I give you this easy lunch/dinner bowl that doesn’t require much thought or preparation. What’s not to love?
Here’s a bowl of quinoa with homegrown tomatoes, farmer’s market zucchini and local Italian sausage. My bowl also comes complete with the world’s most expensive out of season asparagus. Feel free to skip it. I just really craved it 😛 Top with some shaved Parmesan, torn basil leaves and a squeeze of lemon. It’s what we eat on the deck in the sun while we discuss the latest dirt and say goodbye to the summer.
- 2 Italian sausages, sliced
- 1 yellow zucchini, diced
- ¾ cup quinoa
- few spears of cooked asparagus, sliced
- handful of black olives
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- a couple slices of lemon
- Slice the sausages and toss in a pan coated with olive oil until the sausage is browned, but not yet cooked. Add the diced zucchini and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until done.
- Meanwhile, rinse and cook the quinoa according to directions. When ready, divide into two plates and top with the cooked sausages, zucchini, and fresh cherry tomatoes. Garnish with basil and grated Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.