Here is another version of a Green Papaya Salad – this time with slivers of mango. There are wonderful textures in this easy Vietnamese lunch salad.
Green Papaya and Mango Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- Vietnamese Dressing
- ½ teaspoon garlic-chili paste
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup Thai fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro stems
- 1 green papaya, julienned
- 1 green mango, julienned
- ½ jicama, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- ½ cup chopped peanuts
- Fresh mint, roughly chopped Fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 thai bird chile, sliced (optional)
- 16 jumbo shrimp salt and pepper Wooden skewers
- Toss together the julienned papaya, mango, carrots, jicama and herbs in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all the ingredients of the dressing together and set aside.
- Place the shrimp on wooden skewers. Four per person. Season with salt and pepper and grill, about 2 minutes on each side.
- While the shrimp are grilling pour the dressing over the salad and toss together. Dress on a platter and generously sprinkle with the chopped peanuts. Place the grilled shrimp skewers on top and serve.