Here is my recipe for Oven Tandoori Chicken with potatoes and a side of a Lentil Salad and Mango salad. This is a feast-worthy meal, it was wonderful, I will be making it again. I need to update these pictures one of these days.
Oven Tandoori Chicken
Recipe type: Main Course
- 500g Chicken thighs
- The Marinade
- ¾ cup natural yogurt (optional)
- 1 tbs garam masala
- 1 tbs ginger pulp
- 1 tbs garlic pulp
- 1½ tbs chili powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbs ground coriander
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- some salt
- Grapeseed (neutral taste) oil
- Mixed salad leaves, cilantro to garnish
- Mix together marinade ingredients. Cover the chicken and marinade for 2 hours.
- Grill on the bbq on medium heat until done, or preheat the oven to 475F and bake for 20 - 25 minutes (Method used here, put some sliced red yams into and baked, covered, in the LeCreuset dutch oven).
Papaya Lentil Salad
Recipe type: Salad
- ½ cup yellow or red lentils
- 2 tbs grapeseed oil
- ½ onion seeds (if you have some...)
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 tsp ginger pulp
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ medium ripe papaya, cut into cubes
- 3 fresh Thai red chilies
- Wash the lentils and put into a saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to the bil and cook until soft but not mushy. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil and a deep frying pan and fry the onion seeds until they start to pop. Add the onions and fry until golden brown. Lower the heat and add all the spices, ginger, garlic, but not the red chilies yet. Fry for a moment until all flavors blend.
- Throw in the papaya slices and stir well, add the red chilies and cilantro. Fry for about 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the cooked lentils and sliced tomato and cook a few more minutes.