The success of these Vietnamese stir fried clams really depends on the quality of the seafood. I used these tiny clams this time around and it was delicious!
Vietnamese Stir Fried Clams
Recipe type: Main Course
- ½ pound clams
- 2 chilies
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces basil
- 2 slices ginger
- 3 tablespoons thick soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Slice the chilies. Mince the garlic. Remove and rinse the young leaves of the basil.
- Soak the clams in salt water to clear the sand, remove, rinse and drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, stir fry the minced garlic, ginger and chilies.
- Add the clams and cook until the clam shells open. Stir in the Seasoning and toss in the basil, stir well till fragrant and serve hot.